"Better Buying Power 2.0: Achieving Greater Efficiency and Productivity in Defense Spending"
"Department of Defense Efficiencies"
"Better Buying Power Initiatives"
Implementing Better Buying Power initiatives is not a simple undertaking. However, these initiatives are broken down into five major thrust areas and explained beyond Dr. Ashton Carter's Sept. 14, 2010 memo in order to shed some light on the efforts' intent for members of the Defense Acquisition workforce. (Videos, 11/8/2011)
"Making Every Dollar Count - Improving Acquisition Outcomes"
2011 DAU Acquisition Community Symposium (Videos, 4/12/2011)
• Better Buying Power Initiatives Panel -- Panel on Better Buying Power Initiatives - Team Leaders Panel (Moderator) Mrs. Katharina McFarland, President, DAU.
• Breakout 1 - Target Affordability and Control Cost Growth -- Target Affordability and Control Cost Growth; speaker - Mr Dave Ahern, Director, Portfolio Systems Acquisition, ASD
• Breakout 2 - Incentivize Productivity & Innovation in Industry -- Mr. Sean Crean, Director, Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP (U.S. Navy))
• Breakout 3 - Promote Real Competition -- Mr. Bob Griffin, Asst. Commander for Acquisition, Naval Facilities Engineering Command, U.S. Navy
• Breakout 4 - Improve Tradecraft in Services Acquisition Part 1 -- Panel - Mr. Shaw Cohe, CEO, Aircraft Support and Training, LLC, moderator; Maj.Gen. Wendy Masiello, Air Force PEO for Combat and Mission Support; Mr James Sutton, Deputy ASA-S; Mr Bruce Sharp, Deputy ASN RDA for Program Analysis & Business Transformation
• Breakout 4 - Improve Tradecraft in Services Acquisition Part 2 -- Questions and Answers
• Breakout 5 - Reduce Non-Productive Processes and Bureaucracy -- Mr. Nic Torelli, DDR&E, Mission Assurance
• Breakout 6 - DoD Product Support Assessment -- Its Impact on Program Cost Reduction -- Mr. Mark Gajda, OUSD(AT&L)/L&MR Materiel Readiness